DIETARY AIDE – full time – 6am to 6pm
Fellowship Hall is currently seeking a Full Time Dietary Aide. The full-time Dietary Aide will be responsible for helping the cook prepare meals for guests and staff and maintaining compliance with the Hospital’s Dietary Policies and Procedures. Ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Dietary Aide or Cook in a hospitality setting, a stable work history, and willingness to learn.
Schedule will be either 3 or 4 days per week, rotating each week, including every other weekend work. Our shifts run 12 hours long, from 6 am until 6 pm, with 1 hour break.
Job functions and required skills:
- Primarily responsible for serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the tray line for approximately 300 servings (guests, staff, and other visitors) per day.
- Must have excellent communication skills, be adaptable and dependable, able to follow instruction and execute recipes from beginning to end.
- Plates desserts for each meal, prepares box lunch style sandwiches for evening guest snacks, and assists with meeting or event meals/snacks as needed.
- Prepares snacks and beverages from between-meal service to customers.
- Maintains and replenishes items in guest kitchen throughout the day.
- Processes soiled trays, dishes and utensils through dishwasher.
- Handles food and equipment according to sanitation policies and procedures.
- Shares responsibility for overall presentation of dining room and appearance. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen work area, equipment, and dining room tables and chairs.
- Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in an attentive and responsive atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Some hotel/hospital kitchen experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Experience: Some kitchen/ hotel experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate. Valid driver’s license required.
This is an excellent opportunity that includes a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. 100% company-provided benefits include:
- Retirement Plan
- Employee Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Plan
- Long-term Care
- Employee Assistance Program
- Volunteer Time Off
- Free Cafeteria Dining
No phone calls please.
Fellowship Hall has a Tobacco and Smoke-free work environment.