PART-TIME ASSESSMENT COUNSELOR
Fellowship Hall, a 123-bed private, not-for-profit specialty hospital offering abstinence-based alcohol and drug treatment based on the 12-Step Model of Recovery, located on a serene 120-acre country setting in Greensboro, NC, is currently seeking a part-time Assessment Counselor to join and work with our Primary Treatment team, Monday – Friday, 8:00am-1:00pm.
Fellowship Hall has been established for over 48 years and enjoys a stellar reputation as one of the premier treatment providers in the country. Our facility has been accredited by Joint Commission since 1974, and we offer inpatient care, detoxification, partial hospital, intensive outpatient, family programming, extended treatment, and structured living. We draw patients from North and South Carolina, Virginia, and 23 other States.
The Assessment Counselor will be responsible for:
- Comprehensive assessments, treatment plans, and referrals
- Documenting patient orientation
- Completion of a thorough clinical evaluation
- Knowledge of SA treatment strategies and understanding of twelve step recovery model
- Identification of trauma
- Presenting didactic materials
- Providing back-up service delivery in other programming areas as needed
The Assessment Counselor must:
- Be computer literate with the ability to type quickly and work with deadlines
- Have excellent organizational skills – the ability to prioritize workload and activities to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Be receptive to change, willing to learn, flexible team player and have a cooperative approach to problem solving
- Have the ability to sit with complex trauma and abuse histories
- Have the ability to conceptualize client experience and use appropriate language to relay this information through a clinical lens
- Have the ability to build rapport quickly and transition easily
Minimum Education: Master’ Degree in Social Work, Counseling or Related Field
Minimum Experience: Two (2) years of clinical experience
Preferred Experience: Experience in addiction counseling, with co-occurring disorders, and understanding of DSM-V diagnoses; Computer proficiency
Interested applicants, please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. (no phone calls)
Fellowship Hall has a Tobacco and Smoke-free work environment.