The Full Time Dietary team member will be responsible for helping the cook prepare meals for guests and staff and maintaining compliance with the Hospital’s Dietary Policies and Procedures. Ideal candidate will have previous experience as a Dietary Aide or kitchen assistant in a hospitality setting, a stable work history, and willingness to learn.
The work schedule repeats every 2 weeks: week one is Monday, Tuesday, and Saturday; week two is Sunday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday – with every other weekend off. Our shifts run 12 hours long, from 6 am until 6 pm, with two 15-minute breaks and a 1-hour break each day.
Job functions and required skills:
- Ensures that customers and families receive the highest quality of service in an attentive and responsive atmosphere. Primary duties include setting up and breaking down multi item salad bar/food prep/service support.
- Early morning involves cutting, peeling and plating fresh fruits and vegetables, preparing salad bar components from scratch to include making salad dressings and simple composed salads using standardized recipes.
- Prepares snacks and beverages from between-meal service to customers
- Processes soiled trays, dishes and utensils as needed through dishwasher
- Assists in the serving of food on the tray line
- Shares responsibility for overall presentation of dining room and appearance. Maintains cleanliness and sanitation of kitchen work area, equipment, and dining room tables and chairs
- Performs other duties as required.
Required Education/Experience: HS Diploma or GED; Valid driver’s license is required.
Preferred Experience: Some kitchen/hotel experience preferred, but willing to train the right candidate.
Working for our mission-driven organization is an excellent opportunity that includes a competitive salary and outstanding benefits. 100% company-provided benefits include:
- Employee Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company-sponsored Events
- Life Insurance
- Disability Plan
- Long term Care