PRN UNIT COORDINATOR
Fellowship Hall is seeking a PRN (as-needed or fill-in) UNIT COORDINATOR to assist our nursing department. Please see details below. PRN means not regularly scheduled – but may fill in for vacation/time off/etc. for regularly scheduled employees. Hours for this position are evenings.
UNIT COORDINATOR position responsibilities and duties include:
- Providing clerical support to the nursing department by answering calls, taking and distributing messages to guests and triaging calls for nursing-medical staff.
- Assisting nurses with the management of the guest community.
- Maintaining forms for the charts, prepares charts for admission and performs the breakdown of charts at discharge.
- Maintaining order of the chart as per medical records protocol.
- Processing admission paperwork and completing TIER preadmission screen when indicated.
- Completing and distributing a Nightly Report at the end of each shift.
- Maintaining and stocking office & medical supplies and order and cleanliness of the unit.
- Reporting to and working under the supervision of the Director of nursing and assigned charge nurse.
Must have excellent interpersonal relationship skills, experience in a medical office setting (clerical or secretarial duties), and demonstrated competency with basic office equipment (such as multi-line phone system, copier, fax machine, etc.).
No phone calls please.
Fellowship Hall has a Tobacco and Smoke-free work environment.